Saturday, February 19, 2005

Selfish

I was called selfish by one of my friends … "You are selfish" "You only think of what pleases you" … "yeah, live for your self " ... Why? What did I do? I refused to publish some topics that I wrote in a magazine. She showed the publisher my topics with out asking me and told him my name. Yes, this is all what I did. “I don’t like media” I told her .. Does that make me selfish.. or is it a thing that concerns me and only me? "Selfish, You don’t have to like a thing to do it" I don’t do things I am not convinced with. Does that make me selfish? “Convince me” Is a word that I use a lot. Does that make me selfish? "Do things for other people; let them share with you your ideas" These are mine, I shared them with her as a friend, and that’s all. "That is not enough; make every body share it with you" I don’t want fame, I hate fame, I really don’t want to be famous; Especially in that field. Am I SELFISH?

8 Comments:

At 2/19/2005 01:16:00 PM, Blogger بومريوم said...

مررت بنفس الوضع و لكن قيل لى
ما تعرف مصلحة نفسك:)

اعتقد احيانا اننا يجب ان نستمع للطرف الاخر

و لكن انانيه؟
لا اعتقد ذلك

 
At 2/19/2005 02:12:00 PM, Blogger True Faith said...

بو مريوم

If she told me that it was better for me, I would understand.

But, Selfish is what I don't understand.

 
At 2/19/2005 03:25:00 PM, Blogger Hopeless Poet said...

I don't think you are selfish! Actually your friend is. Let's assume you published your writings and you became famous, she will later claim that she is the reason for that and your writings were even not that good!
That is just how I see it.
On the other hand, she really wanted what is good for you and that your writings are really good and not fair that they stay unread by others.

 
At 2/19/2005 03:45:00 PM, Blogger True Faith said...

Hopeless poet,

Welcome to my blog.

Well your second point of view may be right, but the first one, don't think so.

I may publish them; but in my blog, no where else.

 
At 2/20/2005 01:16:00 AM, Blogger Hope said...

you are not selfish!!! You have every right to do what you feel comfortable with. Maybe by calling you selfish, she thinks this is what will change your mind. Sit down with her and make her understand it is not selfishness that drives you to refuse, but its something beyond that :)

 
At 2/20/2005 08:08:00 AM, Blogger bo_ghazi said...

I agree with Hope. Sit with her & make her understand your perspective of the issue. If she understands it, well that’ll be good, but if she doesn’t.. then at least you made that extra effort to explain where you stand

 
At 2/20/2005 08:37:00 AM, Blogger True Faith said...

Hope, bo ghazi,

I did that, but she insists that I am selfish.

Al, Thank you dear :)

 
At 2/20/2005 09:48:00 AM, Blogger True Faith said...

bo rashed,

you are the last to comment because you are a king that arrives the last to the event ;p

I will be thinking of posting them, but they are not that great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home