Monday, February 14, 2005

Phone I Fear

Most of you have read “How do I Feel?” post. It was hard for me to write it but in someway I had to. Well from Today I will start posting some of my feelings that I didn’t tell any body about before. But I will not stop posting other things as well. “Phone I fear” is going to be my first. Yes I fear using the phone it is really hard for me to talk by phone especially with those that I am not used to talk with, People who are not my family members (Mother, Father, Brothers & Sister), Friends, and colleges (Not all of them). The most things I fear is that someone will not wait in the other side of the phone, for example: True Faith: ………. H … Person: Hello Hello True Faith: …. H… Hello Person: Yes True Faith: ……. Person: Yes Hello True Faith: …. Person: Hello tooot tooot tooot My Parents don’t understand this situation sometimes, and sometimes forget about it. As when one of my relatives is in hospital or had a new baby or what ever happened to him/her, My Parents opens with me the following dialog: Parents: Did you visit A? True Faith: I didn’t have time, but I will tomorrow Parents: A phone call wouldn’t be bad until you visit. True Faith: I prefer visiting than calling. Parents: What an excuse ! True Faith: No, I really mean it, I prefer visiting, but I didn’t have time; I will tomorrow. Parents: Ok, what ever, why should we bother our selves about it. It’s you not us. True Faith: You don’t understand, What ever. When my family is out of Kuwait, I unplug the phone. And I don’t answer any phone calls when I am in home (Only my mobile). P.S. No sympathy is allowed : )

9 Comments:

At 2/14/2005 07:29:00 PM, Blogger bo_ghazi said...

I remember when you said that eye contact helps you reduce the stuttering, & I thought how trouble it might be when you speak on the phone. As I'm writing this comment I had two thoughts that could reduce the stuttering while talking on the phone.
1. Prepare yourself for the "Hello" part, ya3ni why don't you say it one second prior to picking up the phone.
2. In reference to the eye contact factor, wouldn't it help if while speaking on the phone you would close your eyes and imagine the caller in front of you. Picture him or her in ur mind & look them in the eyes...
I don't know, but this is just something that crossed my mind & maybe you've already thought about it. Do you think it might help?

 
At 2/15/2005 08:31:00 AM, Blogger True Faith said...

bo ghazi,

Thank you for your nice caring comment.

1. It works sometimes when I am the receiver, but never works when I am the caller.

2. I will try it, and give you my response. But I am not sure when because I am in my good days these days.

 
At 2/15/2005 08:44:00 AM, Blogger True Faith said...

bo rashed,

Good morning :)

Let me put it to you in this way, you are a little kid running in a public park wanting to reach the play ground but suddenly from no where there is a big wall in front of you; you run into it and fall down, your parents are telling you go to the play ground and you tell then I can't, you have pain all over your body from your fall, but no body comes and pick you up because they don’t see it or feel it.

It does not matter how many times you have this situation or how long; it’s still the same and may be more painful.

 
At 2/15/2005 08:48:00 AM, Blogger Ra-1 said...

TF :)
I think u speak by phone normally! never noticed u staterring when speaking by phone, I even thought that the phone is easier for u than speaking face to face! :\

 
At 2/15/2005 08:56:00 AM, Blogger True Faith said...

Ra-1,

You are one of my best friends, Crazy :p

It is easy to talk to you.

 
At 2/15/2005 10:49:00 AM, Blogger True Faith said...

preternatural_al,

Thank you,

Reading is another problem that I have.

As for your advice of handling the situation; I am not ashamed of my stuttering, I stutter, I do stutter and always will, and will not try to find other excuses or pretend that I am not stuttering, and it's a problem in the phone.

Thank you for trying to help, I really appreciate it :)

 
At 2/15/2005 02:58:00 PM, Blogger True Faith said...

bo rashed,

I think it's not their fault, I think it's me, I am not good in showing my feelings, I guess.

 
At 2/18/2005 01:43:00 AM, Blogger Hope said...

Hi True Faith :),

Your friend said that you do not stutter when you are talking over the phone. Maybe it is your nervousness and thinking about it at the time that adds to it.

 
At 2/19/2005 08:32:00 AM, Blogger True Faith said...

Hope,

I do stutter with her, but not as much as with others.

But the nervousness factor may be right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home