Monday, December 05, 2005

A honeymoon and a reception

Preparing for my sister's wedding party is bringing me to the edge of craziness. Last year when we were preparing for my brother's wedding party and knowing how much my poor dad had to pay; I told my father wouldn't it be better if you give him the money to buy him and his wife new cars and go for a two months honeymoon and he could invest the remaining amount for his future kids expenses. And now when coming to my sister it's getting crazy; though the groom will pay for major stuff, my father will still have to pay a huge amount to prepare my sister to be the best bride ever (Sure she will be). Last night while my mom and sister were writing the list of invitations, I was doing my puzzle and listening to the names that they will invite. God those are too many people to invite, too many people that will be with us in the same hall, too many people that will enjoy their time dancing, gossiping and eating, and my poor sister will be sitting there watching ugly faces with loads of makeup, people who will be talking about her most of the time, about if they liked her dress or not, about the wedding party if it was good or not, about if she was beautiful or not (She is no matter if they admit it or not), she will be nervous waiting for her groom to take her out of that hell. After getting all of these thoughts in my mind I told my mom: "A honeymoon and a small reception party when I am back; only my close friends and those who I like from your friends and relatives will be invited" my mom didn't reply, so I continued talking: "If I will not enjoy my own wedding party then no one should; it's mine and I am the one who should enjoy it" My mom wasn't glad about what I said, and she said: "It is about traditions and life style; people in our community celebrate their wedding parties like this and we can't be different or less" "By that it's the guests who are celebrating the wedding not the bride and groom; it makes no sense to me if I don't enjoy my own party" I replied. Then my sister starts talking: "I agree that I will not enjoy my wedding as I should, yet I might regret it if I didn't do a wedding party and I will feel happy when watching it recorded later". "I can't see any sense in that; it's something I don't get when paying huge amounts of money to please other people and show them that I could do better parties than they did and get some records of me in that party that supposed to be mine; smiling and pretending to be happy about it and welcoming the guests though I don't know most of them and don't like others and some don't like me and are gossiping about me, my sister and my mother; others are comparing between me and my groom as if it is a beauty contest and discussing the matter if we deserve each other or not. Going in a honeymoon together and then celebrating our happiness with people we love is much better than an expensive party, that money could be spent on better things; things that will return with benefits on me". No response from them so I continue doing my puzzle.

13 Comments:

At 12/05/2005 08:06:00 PM, Blogger Purgatory said...

good, keep doing the puzzles.

 
At 12/05/2005 08:29:00 PM, Blogger True Faith said...

:)

 
At 12/05/2005 08:41:00 PM, Blogger YoOoNa said...

offffffff it's so sad when seeing ppl spending HUGE, REALLY HUGE amounts of money for few hours!
n the bride! NEVER ENJOYS THIS PARTY :@
7addaaa 7adda qahratny hal salfa!
oo mateswa killish ena enge6 hal floos 3ala 7afla ma menha fayda!
ashof salfat il7afla 3ala enha mashroo3 5asara, eythayeg il5ilg akthar min ma ohwa eywaniss..

 
At 12/05/2005 09:46:00 PM, Blogger bo_ghazi said...

I agree.. a wedding is better if held at a small simple reception in the house (not in a hotel) & the invitations would go to relatives & close freinds.. that would be best for all :)

 
At 12/05/2005 09:56:00 PM, Blogger Sever said...

The same thing here... We always say, that wedding parties are for guests, not for a bride & groom. They are 2 poor persons. Traditions, traditions, traditions... "Ah, our relatives will be offended", "Ah, what people will say" What can be worse?

I know 2 persons, who ran away from their wedding party to have their honeymoon directly after their registration... And you know, guest celebrated that wedding party without them & everything was ok. Nice.

And my friend is going to invite only close friends... & her mom of course does not understand it.

As for me I would like to have it without any guest :P

 
At 12/05/2005 10:16:00 PM, Blogger True Faith said...

V.G. Yeah very sad. and I really don't get it.

Bo Ghazi the success of a wedding party must be measured by the amount of happiness it brings to the bride and groom not the amount of money spent.

T.N.C. And I thought that only GCC countries suffer from that :/

 
At 12/06/2005 09:23:00 AM, Blogger Ra-1 said...

but its ok with u to spend a BIG amount of money on a dress ha? :p

well I am dreaming of a big wedding party in a hotel ;)

 
At 12/06/2005 09:36:00 AM, Blogger جنة الحواس said...

Amazing post TF ..

I couldn't have said it better ..

I TOTALLY agree with every word mentioned and I and my sis have exactly the same thing in mind ..

 
At 12/06/2005 05:57:00 PM, Blogger True Faith said...

Ra-1 Yes it's ok :P because I will wear it and enjoy my self wearing it :P

Broke Better for you :)

 
At 12/06/2005 06:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

يعنى تكاليف عرس أخوك
كانت تكفى سيارتين و سفره و يزيد منها حق العيال؟
هذا و لا عرس الشاه على فرح ديبا

 
At 12/06/2005 08:30:00 PM, Blogger True Faith said...

Anon Yes it is

And if you're here to ridicule; you're in the wrong place. In other words not welcomed.

 
At 12/07/2005 12:34:00 AM, Blogger Eb9ara7a and his Wife said...

الله يديم الأفراح عليكم و على الحاضرين
:)

آمين

 
At 12/07/2005 09:51:00 PM, Blogger True Faith said...

eb9ara7a و عليك إنشالله :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home