Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Something about nothing

I have been trying to read but this buzzing thing kept flying around me and is not letting me concentrate. I yelled at it but it didn’t go away and kept buzzing and flying all around in my room. It’s freezing here. Well it has been like that all day, even at work. I wore a wool jumper today still felt cold. Boodi is not in the mood today. He was crying and shouting all day. I made it worse by calling him Loosh by mistake. He came to me and said “Did you call me Loosh” “Yes but I meant Boodi” I said, “My name is Boodi and this boy sitting over there is Loosh; OK” . I have to go shopping and get me an Eid outfit and get my family Eid gifts; and that must be done before Eid. When exactly? I am not sure; but Inshallah I will. Last night my mom had a غبقه “Ramadanish dinner” ,many ladies came; and they were asking my mom about my sister’s wedding and when it will be. The thing that really irritated me is their non - stopping "الفال لج"and "شدي حيلج إخوانج الصغار اتزوجو و انتي لي الحين قاعده". Excuse me, but I don’t remember me complaining about that; or asking you to take me to live with you in your house because my family doesn’t want me any more. Our Eid holidays trip has been planned and everything is booked; it will be amazing. I have a wonderful father يا حلوه. I am so excited about it; can’t wait.

10 Comments:

At 10/26/2005 01:50:00 AM, Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

I can totally relate to the gabga story...my mother had one too at the beginning of Ramadan and I got the same comments...totally upset me...so the next time she had one...I faked a headache and didn't hang around..I just couldn't bare to hear another "Shidee 7ailich!"...I feel for you!

 
At 10/26/2005 03:34:00 AM, Blogger 3baid said...

"I yelled at it but it didn’t go away"

If only getting rid of pests were that easy :P

 
At 10/26/2005 03:41:00 AM, Blogger Delicately Realistic said...

I hate that "Il fal lich" comment
I never know what to say?!
say Inshallah with a grin an im-desperate-plz-marry-me-to-ur-son-grin?

 
At 10/26/2005 08:44:00 AM, Blogger Purgatory said...

old ladies have the same thing on their minds because they have nothing else to do and they just use same sentences, the evils of retirement.

 
At 10/26/2005 09:20:00 AM, Blogger Ms. Sarah said...

gabka :p
i can't understand this concept of "ghabga".. i'd just had f6oor and people would offer me more food? :/
even though the ghabga concept is sitting around and meeting up, but i still don't get it :/

 
At 10/26/2005 09:23:00 AM, Blogger LiTTLE BiG said...

I Liked the pic very MuCh ;D

 
At 10/26/2005 10:14:00 AM, Blogger Ra-1 said...

شنو هالصورة الله ايهداج
:\


في حريم دايما جذي
حتى لو ما كنتي كبيرة وايد
يقولون الفال لج يالله متى تتزوجين !!!
لازم نتزوج يعني؟ lol
والمشكلة ما يكونون أهلنا
انزين ليش مستعيلين علينا؟
ما عليج منهم :)


enjoy ur trip in Eid sis :*

 
At 10/26/2005 10:47:00 AM, Blogger True Faith said...

misscosmokuwait this شدي حيلج word I don't get; do they want me to go in the streets of Kuwait doing a survey on Kuwaiti guys and then choose one and ask him to marry me.

3baid It didn't go; I think it's deaf.

D.R. Just smile a silly smile; like this .

Kuwaity ra7al thank you :)

Purgy طيب :)

Swair Ghabga is the most evil thing invented. Gossiping and eating.

L.B. I knew that you would say that :)

Laialy Yes it was in my room; and still is; I guess :/

mcaraibian Thanks to Allah that my father doesn't have such rules. Because if he had; then none of my siblings will get married then.

ra-1 This is my new friend :) shefti sh7alatha :P

thank you sis :*

 
At 10/27/2005 04:17:00 AM, Blogger Hopeless Poet said...

So where are you going in your trip? :D

 
At 10/28/2005 12:40:00 PM, Blogger True Faith said...

you will know when I am back :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home