Monday, March 07, 2005

Turkish Indian style

I will be moving to a new house soon, and I have there a bed room with big three windows all with a wonderful view to the house front garden, dressing room and a private bath room. I want it to fit my personality as my current one doesn’t. I thought of a Turkish + Indian style. It would have a not properly finished walls looking, with a calm color (not white may be the pinkish violet color), and dark brown antique furniture; not big size furniture, Colorful beads curtains for windows and one to separate the bed room from the dressing room. The ceiling will be plain with no details. The “beside bed” chandeliers will be the old crystal kind. It will have many cushions with hand work details and beads. Not sure about the floor. I want it to be a colorful antique room. Please do give me your opinion.

14 Comments:

At 3/07/2005 03:18:00 PM, Blogger bo_ghazi said...

When it comes to decoration and interior design... I suck!!
I mean I like simplicity and that thing ppl call "modern" (I think thats it) but when it comes to imaginning a room & how it would look like with adding this & that... its not me!
Ask bo maryoum, he's the expert :)

 
At 3/07/2005 03:22:00 PM, Blogger True Faith said...

You are right I should ask him.

 
At 3/07/2005 05:26:00 PM, Blogger MASS said...

yeah keep it simple

id like Arab style cushions on the floor etc

 
At 3/07/2005 09:06:00 PM, Blogger True Faith said...

q8ibloger,

Aren't arab style cushions are like the turkish ones?

 
At 3/07/2005 09:26:00 PM, Blogger Purgatory said...

I would go with a Greek look, the sky or sea blue. Start from there and move along, the brighter the room the better it is for your comfort :)

 
At 3/08/2005 08:21:00 AM, Blogger True Faith said...

Purg,

I know that what I am going to mention will sound a little odd or funny to you.

The Greek design scares me :/

Aqua,

I current room has such a design, I don't like it, it's just not me.

 
At 3/08/2005 10:44:00 AM, Blogger Purgatory said...

TF :) ok, then what you can try to do is a spanish style, which combination of sea side/islamic heritage. Don't tell me that scares you too?

 
At 3/08/2005 11:00:00 AM, Blogger True Faith said...

It is great, and similar to the Turkish style also.

 
At 3/08/2005 01:25:00 PM, Blogger True Faith said...

Al,

You really made me laugh.

And I am sure that it will add nice magical feelings to my heart before my room :)

 
At 3/08/2005 01:38:00 PM, Blogger Purgatory said...

Yeah I know :)

p.s. TurkIsh blog title :)

 
At 3/08/2005 01:40:00 PM, Blogger True Faith said...

Purg,

What do you mean by your P.S. ?

 
At 3/08/2005 07:23:00 PM, Blogger Purgatory said...

Spelling turkish, you typed it quick :)

 
At 3/08/2005 10:16:00 PM, Blogger MASS said...

I dunno if Arabic is simillar to turkish
but i ll tell you the didnt come up with their own culture on their own its more like borrowed

 
At 3/09/2005 08:11:00 AM, Blogger True Faith said...

Purg,

thank you : )

C.V,

I hope that it will be "very serene" :)

q8ibloger,

The Islamic style is a mixture of many styles but Turkey has the best (in my opinion) if you have visited Istanbul's museums you would understand me.

If you want a pure Arabic not Islamic go to Yemen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home