Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Smile

yesterday I was buying some stuff from some place and there was a guy who was in his mid thirties, he was staring at me in a strange way with smiley eyes, I went up stairs to get what I need and back down to the casher. And the same guy was staring. Well, if he wasn't Kuwaiti I would have smiled to him; but as a Kuwaiti I can't. Why? This is a question to be asked to Kuwaiti guys. Why couldn't I smile with out you having a bad explanation of my smile? I was that kind of person that smiles with every eye contact. But now; I only smile to non Kuwaiti guys...

7 Comments:

At 12/21/2004 11:52:00 AM, Blogger Purgatory said...

You can smile at me :)

 
At 12/21/2004 12:03:00 PM, Blogger True Faith said...

: )

 
At 12/21/2004 12:18:00 PM, Blogger Purgatory said...

good girl :)

 
At 12/22/2004 08:42:00 AM, Blogger True Faith said...

bo rashed,

I tried that, didn’t work.

When I was in England I would smile and say hi to Arabs and English people; it wasn’t a problem at all.

When I came to Kuwait, I used to smile or make a friendly face when ever someone looks at me.

But, then I knew that some guys keep following me.

Once I said to some guy: “sorry for smiling; I thought that you were a human".

So, no more smiling.

I know it’s a culture thing, but IT IS WRONG.

 
At 12/25/2004 09:44:00 AM, Blogger True Faith said...

A.B,

Thank you for the good advice : )

 
At 12/26/2004 08:42:00 AM, Blogger True Faith said...

Oh My Dear Brachypelma,

I liked your comments so much, that I was smiling all day.

I usually use the singing method when my stuttering get worse; but the problem is I have a terrible voice ;p

 
At 12/27/2004 08:43:00 AM, Blogger True Faith said...

No I am not : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home