Tuesday, September 13, 2005

What a conversation

I had an appointment yesterday, and yes I was waiting as usual. There was an old man who has a look of a mid 60 Bedouin man. I was reading a book while he was gazing me. Then he asked me
Old man: “السلام إختي” “Hi sister” Sister???? I look like his granddaughter.
TF: “و عليكم السلام” “Hi”
OM: “عسى ما شر شتشكين منه؟” "What is your illness?"
TF: I told him
OM: ”إيييييييييه ... ما تشوفين شر.... أنا شايفج هني قبل شهر” “May you not be harmed …. I saw you here a month ago”
TF: “آخر زياره لي هني كانت قبل ثلاث سنين” “My last visit was three years ago”
OM: “إمبلا آنا شايفج هني قبل شهر” “I am sure I saw you here a month ago”
TF: “OK” I wasn’t in Kuwait a month ago ?!?!
Then I continued reading my book again. (Two minutes later)
OM: “يا إختي إنتي طويله حيل” “Sister … You are very tall” He said it in away as if it was a disease I had or something bad !!!
I paused a little after that
TF: “إيه ... الله لا يبلاك” “May you not be cursed like that”
OM: “إي و الله” “I hope not” I am not very tall I am just taller than him.
We both paused for a while. OM: “ألحين الحضر قامو يتزوجون بدو و البدو قامو يتزوجون حضر” “Now urban are marrying Bedouins and Bedouins are marrying urban “ I can see what question is this leading to :P OM: “إنتي بدويه و إلا حضريه؟” “Are you an Urban or a Bedouin?” I know that my accent was a bit weird to him.

TF: “إنت شرايك؟” “Guess?” I like this question :P OM: “و الله يا إختي , لهجتج ما دري شلون صايره. مو بدويه و لا حضريه و بعض كلامج سعودي و تقرين كتاب إنجليزي” “Your accent is strange; It’s not Bedouin and not Urban and also you have some Saudi words; and you are reading an English book” At that moment I couldn’t hold my self from laughing. TF: Was trying to explain to him my accent.

And then came this lady wearing a Burka (Face cover where only the eyes are shown) and she was looking at me in away as if she wants to kill me; and when looking at the husband again his face was giving all kinds of colours; I guess he wasn’t allowed to talk to a strange lady.

P.S. What is written in green is a translation specially done for Wass and Sarpanch. And what is written in blue are my thoughts.

21 Comments:

At 9/13/2005 09:54:00 AM, Blogger Motherhood is Here said...

gifts from bloggers? What does that mean? Why were you in Kuwait? I haven't read enough to figure that out. Hmm...it would be really interesting to go there. The closest I have come is cameroon, africa

 
At 9/13/2005 10:54:00 AM, Blogger True Faith said...

poorart; welcome to my blog :)

Gifts from bloggers are some sweet pictures that I’ve received from some bloggers via email or as a comment on one of my posts.

Why was I in Kuwait?

Well; I live in Kuwait as a Kuwaiti citizen :)

 
At 9/13/2005 12:16:00 PM, Blogger Ra-1 said...

7asafa ma kent with u :p

 
At 9/13/2005 01:49:00 PM, Blogger Purgatory said...

hahahahahahahaha, alla la yableeeek, nice :)

Old guy flirting with you :)

 
At 9/13/2005 02:20:00 PM, Blogger True Faith said...

Shopa; It was; and scary also :P

Ra-1; I thought (if Ra-1 was with me we would really have fun) ;p

Sarpanch; :) It was leading to the other question
“Are you an Urban or a Bedouin?”.

Purg; Yeah I guess so :p

 
At 9/13/2005 02:34:00 PM, Blogger Nunu-San said...

LOL!!! Funny but stupid!! I hate people with stupid questions!!! Ya3ni mn el bedaya "ENTA SHAKU?!!"

 
At 9/13/2005 02:36:00 PM, Blogger Ra-1 said...

;p

 
At 9/13/2005 03:43:00 PM, Blogger bo_ghazi said...

LOoooooooOL :p
The English translation gave me an impression that im watching some old egyptian show on TV :p
but that guy LooooL, "intay 6oweela" :))

 
At 9/13/2005 03:52:00 PM, Blogger True Faith said...

NUNU; It was funny yeah and stupid for sure; but would never tell him eta shaku, because it was fun talking to him :P

Ra-1; i would have injoyed his questions and your face expressions :P

Bo ghazi; 6oweela 7ayl ... O lahjetech madri shloon 9ayrah... (Made me look like a fool) :P

 
At 9/13/2005 04:12:00 PM, Blogger Rain Drop said...

wow
مرته تغار عليه بعد :p
من قده

Interesting conversation :D

 
At 9/13/2005 06:45:00 PM, Blogger 2 Second Club ® said...

LOL.. T.F. he totally had the hots for you.. when reading it in English you can see how cheesy the conversation was.. and you could totally see it happening with some guy your age, and how inappropriate it would have been.. thanks for the laugh sweetie..

 
At 9/13/2005 09:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could see you laughing...lol

 
At 9/14/2005 08:59:00 AM, Blogger غسان said...

ra-1 what would you do if you were with her?:P

funny post faith

 
At 9/14/2005 09:06:00 AM, Blogger True Faith said...

Rain Drop; إنتي لو شايفه عيونها جان متي من الخرعه :P

The Don; You are welcome :)


Wass; :p

Kuwaiti Ra7al; Yeah I learned that next time I should laugh from the first question :P

Ghassan; Ra-1 would open her eyes wide and after that she would laugh and never stop laughing to the next day :P

 
At 9/14/2005 09:33:00 AM, Blogger Ra-1 said...

Ghassan ... TF answered :p

 
At 9/14/2005 11:27:00 AM, Blogger جنة الحواس said...

Funny :D

I don't know why such situations happen while waiting in clinics ..

 
At 9/14/2005 12:07:00 PM, Blogger Eb9ara7a and his Wife said...

يحليلكم
:)

 
At 9/14/2005 12:12:00 PM, Blogger kuwaite said...

عجبتني هل جملة حيل معبره

I was reading a book while he was gazing me <---- خاصة هذي

:P

 
At 9/14/2005 12:24:00 PM, Blogger True Faith said...

Broke; Allah makes them happened to make the waiting time shorten :P

Badoor; I guess he wanted to propose ... and I should be Bedouin so his family would accept :P

Eb9ara7a; :p

Kuwaite; خليت البوست كله و ما عجبتك إلا هالجمله

:p

 
At 9/15/2005 08:02:00 AM, Blogger True Faith said...

Simple smile; Thank you sweetie :)

 
At 9/17/2005 09:56:00 PM, Blogger ClOuDs said...

LOL :P~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home