Thursday, July 21, 2005

Waiting

I am so strict to time, it means a lot to me. I used to get bothered when somebody is late when having an appointment with me, but not any more because they all do it. My friends are late all the time and I know that they will be late still I go on time and wait. When I have an appointment with some one I’ll be there 10-15 minutes before, never late, never on time, it must be before. I am used to that, it’s functioned in my mind, that being late means no respect. I had to visit my Doctor this week, my appointment was at 4:30 pm and I was there at 4:20 pm. I had to wait until 5:00 pm to be called. They do that to me all the time. When I interned his office I said: ''I have been waiting for more than 30 minutes''. The Doctor replied: ''Yes I know that, but no harm the nurse told me that you were enjoying your time reading''. I said: ''I was reading to not get bored and to not waste my time in waiting; I come 10 minutes before my appointment because I respect you and feel it is not appropriate to be late, and you make me wait for 30 minutes and sometimes more''. I will go to him again; well I did go to him yesterday and he made me wait.

12 Comments:

At 7/21/2005 09:37:00 AM, Blogger غسان said...

You should excuse him; the time he dedicates to a patient is unpredictable. In other words, he can't ask a patient to leave without full care even if the time he expends with that patient is making another patient wait more.

Salamaat;)

 
At 7/21/2005 10:31:00 AM, Blogger Purgatory said...

I have the same thing, always get on time, time means on time (ask nibaq, boghazi and Q), but as you said time means something else here to many.

See we have common things :)

 
At 7/21/2005 02:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a joke around people who are familiar with the Middle East: they ask after fixing a time, 'Would that be ME time or British time?'
Doctors in England are the same. Rarely you will be seen on time, even if you are the first appointment of the morning. That includes Hospital appointments too.
So always take a book with you.

 
At 7/21/2005 05:12:00 PM, Blogger Ancient Poem said...

"If you’re late, you’re saying that your time is more important than mine"

I do believe in these words,so I totaly agree with you TF.

 
At 7/21/2005 07:13:00 PM, Blogger Ra-1 said...

how r u ;)

 
At 7/21/2005 07:19:00 PM, Blogger True Faith said...

Ghassan; no excuses .... If it was only once I would have accepted it, but he does it all the time ... never called me on time.

But I need him ... so I have to wait.

Purgy; I guess we do :)

Anon; (I think you are Wass) I always take a book with me ... I buy big hand bags for that reason ...

And the Middle East thing is so true...


Ancient; This is what I feel.

Ra-1; fine :)
And I hate your squash ball :P~~

 
At 7/21/2005 07:24:00 PM, Blogger Ra-1 said...

hehe kahee etsallem 3alech ;p

 
At 7/21/2005 07:27:00 PM, Blogger True Faith said...

:P

 
At 7/21/2005 08:02:00 PM, Blogger Sloth said...

True faith..
3ayal its best that we dont meet ! i am never on time but i never mean to disrespect anyone i just have surprises everytime i go out.. i have come to term with that !
so from now on my friends know if they want to meet at 8 .. they call me 3-4 hours before and sometimes they lie and say the appointment is at 7 so i'd arrive 8 :/

 
At 7/21/2005 08:14:00 PM, Blogger Eb9ara7a and his Wife said...

nas ma tisti7i wala tintikhi !

sorry but your Doctor mo mathboo6
but maybe maybe oho ta3awad 3ala 3adam eltizam elmartha belTime !

eltazmay kal3ada o koonay better than qeerech

gi6ee3a , madri mita nirtiqi o nit6awar ?!

 
At 7/21/2005 08:35:00 PM, Blogger True Faith said...

Sloth; you are much better than one of my friends ... we have to call her two days before .. and remind her the night before .. and call her before going ... and she still shows late and sometimes when we are done and going home she calls ... could I come now :P

Qaneema; Time is important for the development of this country ... bas meno yesma3.

 
At 7/22/2005 12:26:00 AM, Blogger Sloth said...

are you talking about me ?? :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home