Monday, November 08, 2004

Eid ... Sweet ... Eid

Eid was the most exciting occasion when I was a child, it was my favorite day. My day starts at 5 am. I wake up to put on my new clothes do my hair and wear my new shoes, and then go to the mosque with my family to do the Eid prayers, after that we go to the National Union of Kuwait Students in London. There we meet our friends we have lunch together at 11:30 am. After lunch, which is the most exciting moment when parents give their children the Eid gifts, my gift was always wrapped in pink and blue "my favorite colors". At 1:00 pm all families go on a trip to “Alton Towers” or go camping for two days. Eid is now the most boring day to many people in Kuwait but not to me. I still buy new clothes and buy gifts to my brothers, sister, and sister in law and of course my parents. I buy a cake written on it "عيدكم مبارك" and prepare the table with candles and daisy flowers "my favorite"; and put the wrapped gifts on it with fancy cards. When we go to our relatives houses I take with me small gift bags full with candies, chocolates and a small toy and give them to kids as a "عيديه". At afternoon we go to the chalet we play games there, do competitions and give gifts to the winners. Second day me and my family go to watch a movie then go to have lunch in a restaurant and some times rent a yacht and go for a tour in the sea.

6 Comments:

At 11/09/2004 09:45:00 AM, Blogger Ra-1 said...

Dear TrueFaith ...
I will do the same inshalla
now am going to order flowers through the internet and tonight am going shopping to buy the gifts ;)
Thanx for the ideas :)

 
At 11/09/2004 09:52:00 AM, Blogger True Faith said...

Ra-1, I am sure that you will feel different this Eid.

Wish you good luck.

 
At 11/10/2004 02:22:00 PM, Blogger Purgatory said...

TF, yeah sounds boring

 
At 11/10/2004 02:53:00 PM, Blogger True Faith said...

Purg, believe me never felt boring in Eid.

 
At 11/10/2004 04:11:00 PM, Blogger Purgatory said...

Yeah maybe because you have activities to do. I have not celebrated Eid in 15 years, well only one at end of 1999.

The holiday I miss the most is thanksgiving, not that I ever had anything special that day, but it just felt nice and lazy, couch, cowboys game, eating my leg of turkey men boston market, now that is what I called Sweet.

 
At 11/20/2004 02:21:00 PM, Blogger True Faith said...

Purg,

15 years with out celebrating Eid, is too much.

Don’t you think so?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home